13 February 2015

Slab is done!


On 8th Feb 2015, we went up to the lot and check it out. As per the timeline given by Plantation Homes, we should have piers completed at this stage, drains should be completed on the 9th Feb and slab should be poured on the 12th Feb.

When we got there, we found these things on our dirt (Yes, it is still dirt to me even the land is compacted).


First, we noticed white pipes sticking out of the land.

 
Second, there is our power meter box.
 
Third, retain walls are in, along the lot line and on the secondary street corner.

All the drains has been capped and carefully sealed with sliver sticky tapes. To be honest, the power meter box is much bigger than I thought. It is a tiny little black box on the drawings. The concrete sandstone retain walls looks nice along the side. These retain wall should be more durable and termite free in comparison with timber retain wall, although they are more expensive. I think it still worth it for the long run. I also spotted the water tap laying on the ground, but forgot to take a picture of it.

Yes, my phone ended up having at least 20+ pictures just for these changes. Well, this is what happen when my husband told me to take pictures, but didn't tell me when to stop. Beside he was watching my every single move again, which means I could not step on the dirt, so I could only take photos.


There was a weird/funny conversation while we were there. 

Me: There is still something missing...
Mike: What's that?
Me: The mobile toilet. So does that mean the tradies cannot go to the toilet at all?

Mike: There are so many Plantation Homes sites in this area, surely they can run down to the others' lot for that. 

Me: Poor tradies have to run down the street for just that... 


It seems to be earlier than the dates they gave us, which is great! We started much later than the lots around us that are in the same stage, and couple of them have already moved in to their new home.

I can't tell you how much our building administrator stressed about the weather; and keep checking the weather forecast to ensure no further delay in the coming weeks. Sometime, it is very hard to say for Brisbane weather. You can get all sunny in this moment; but 10 minutes later, it may rains like cats and dogs. We do understand that no one can beat the mother nature.


Just like the normal Thursday (12th Feb 2015), I was working in the office. During my lunch break, I received an invoice from Plantation Homes. Hold on, I thought they are going to finish the slab on the 14th Feb 2015. They are TWO days early. Did they really finished the slab before they invoice me?

I quickly contacted my husband and told him we have got our first invoice for our house (so exciting). He offered to drive up to the lot after work at 4pm to ensure the slab is completed. Then, we can notify the bank to release the base stage payment, which is due in 5 business days.




Hurray!! the slab is in and the mobile toilet is there too. Tradies no longer need to run down the street. Indeed, the color of the mobile toilet matches my house's theme color (laugh out loud).

Michael said the slab has already dried up and he walked on it. (I am not sure if he did his happy dance on it or not.) I think the slab look really small in the photo, much smaller than the plan. Michael said it is because of the open space which gives me a wrong impression. 

Stay tune, more good quality slab photos yet to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment