09 June 2015

Fixing stage: "Winnie" interior design

Overseas family and friends, sorry for keeping you waiting. It has been awhile since my last blog. The house is now very close to finish, and it has been a very busy weeks trying to ensure things are going smooth.

A lot of our family and friends properly know by now, when we first start building our house. Michael and I had agreed on this, he will decide the exterior looks and I will focus on the interior design.

Therefore, when the tilers and painters start working on the interior. It is my most excited (nervous) moment out of the whole building process. I wish all the colors that I decided in the Cosham studio will not turn out to be a big difference to reality. Turns out beside the wall paint color is slightly towards creamy color than more of a blue grey shade. It could also because of afternoon sun light. Will have a closer look when the lightnings are in.



7 May 2015

Went up to meet the tradie who lays our tiles. They already found out they have delivered the wrong ground floor tiles, same style but different color. It was funny, they delivered two package of correct tiles and piles of incorrect ones for the entire ground floor. Also, due to lack of light in the house, they found it quiet hard to distinguish the dark brown and the dark grey, creamy and white.
Looks like the street sign and the streetlight are not parallel.

Garage roof is now fix, ready for garage door soon.

Incorrect tiles at the back row waiting for pick up.
Laundry room, storage on the side
Powder room sink and cabinet are in. Tick, mirror is a few inches above the sink.
Kitchen cabinet/island and pantry shelves are in.

Stone bench top will be in later on.

Sink to be install later on.

Stairs finally goes in, I don't need to climb the ladder.

Master room

This is how tradie test waterproof in shower area. The pink in the center is a blow up balloon.



En suite
En suite toilet. No more early fight for shower/toilet. 


Sink and cabinet are in. Bath tub won't be in until complete stage

We got yellow blow up balloon in the other bathroom. 



26 May 2015

Time to meet the electrician on site at 8:00pm to give him all the lights that need to be installed. I had a full load of lights at the back of my car, with the passengers seats down. I was glad that I am able to pack everything into the car and see the back window from the reverse mirror, and hoping that I would not get caught by police on the way.

Garage doors and tiles were in, and the painter had finished the interior wall painting. Plumber was on site working on the kitchen sink at the time I walked in. I also scared him in the en suite while I was check on the tiles, he just didn't expect anyone up there.

Since Mike had a late working night on Monday, he didn't join me this time. Big thank you to the electrician, he helped me to unload all the lights, otherwise it may took me 10 trips to carry all the things inside the house by myself.
Hot water system installed
Garage door were installed
Front door with ground floor tiles were in. 
Michael office will have wooden floor covering - easy moving around. 
My heaven, blue color tiles which brings a pop effect out of the grey. 
En suite - silicone grout yet to fill
Bathroom
Bedroom 4 - wall color looks really creamy in this picture.
Bedroom 3
Bedroom 2
TV area

No comments:

Post a Comment