07 March 2015

First floor frame completed


1st March 2015

While I was laying on bed, sneezing, blowing my nose, coughing and breathing with my mouth. Nothing stopped Michael (Imagine him walking against the snow storm). He went up to the lot and check on the progress this week.

I thought that the rain will at least halt the construction for a day or two. But it did not look like it at all. Within one week, they had the first floor and roof frame up. It is amazingly quick.



Front of the house, entrance is behind the mobile toilet. Garage and back door of the garage.
Secondary street view of the house.
Left to right on the second floor: Master bedroom, ensuite, bedroom2, bathroom, bedroom 3. 
Comparing with my one bedroom apartment that I am renting at the moment. This is a monster size house. Two questions pop up while I am in bed :
  1. How am I going to clean this?? 
  2. Didn't I said the slab looked small couple of weeks ago?
......Oh my god, unconscious in bed due to the cold/flu tablets .....



2nd March 2015
Emailed our very friendly site administrators to arrange a on-site inspection. We have not walked into the construction site ever since the slab has completed (Michael can give you a lecture about not to walk into the site, if you ever need one. :)) Asked if we can be there on Thursday, 5th March 2015. They said it won't be safe for us as the roof is going in.

Huh? They started the enclosed stage? Where was my invoice for the frame stage?? Didn't I have to pay before they start next stage?

Looks like no one can stop them, not even the weather.



7th March 2015

Our friendly site administrators sent me an email.

Quoted from the email:

I was with one of my other supervisors yesterday and drove past your site – it’s looking great! The fascia and gutters are done and The roof is now up and being completed – we certainly haven’t been able to complain about the weather, let’s hope it continues!

Wow, are you talking about my house that have fascia, gutters and roof? Seriously?? That is speedy. I can't stop thinking these tradies are like ants.

Michael and I will be up on Tuesday to do our very first on-site inspection. The photoholic ME will bring you lots of inside photos. I promise, you won't have to wait too long this time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment