08 April 2015

Enclosed stage



22nd March 2015

While I was sick with a cold in bed (yes, I know...again). Michael went up to check on the progress.

Garage's roof went up as per promise during our first on site inspection. We also got doors, windows some external weather proof blue sheets installed.
Not sure if this is our permanent front door, we picked something different to the white door that they installed at the moment (see below picture on the right). The laundry door on the side is correct style. 

Does anyone know if they install temporary font door while building? There is no door lock on it.
Weather proof plastic sheets are up and a white door is installed.
Door style that we picked.
We got a lot of foam boxes in front of our house
Yellow ribbons were flying!

29th March 2015

A week later, I drove up with a friend to check out the building progress and Costco. Yes, I slowly gets better on driving, less freaking myself out.

We saw bricks covering the blue weather proof sheets this time. The bricks' actual color under the sunlight looks a bit darker than the sample board we saw in the color appointment. (See "All about colors" page for the photos that we took at color appointment.) Lucky that it is still looking nice and cool in hot summer. 

The electricians and air-con technicians also started all the electrical and data wiring, and air-con ducts inside the house. Looking like spider webs. 

Foam boxes are outside of the house this week
I didn't take a selfie! Obviously, a friend snap me in.
Standing properly on our future driveway.

5th March 2015

Driving up alone during Easter break was fun. So many drivers cut into my lane in the last minute, annoying. Indeed, I found myself less nervous when M is not sitting next to me. Totally on myself lacking of confident, not because of him. 

Easter holiday started on a Friday, so was a four working day week. I did not expect too much difference. Just want to double check the construction site was secure and able to survive through the Easter. 

Looks like the bricks will be lay outside of the first floor next week. They had the staircase and working stage all around the house. I had a closer look at the wall, they actually laid pretty good, lines are straight.

Extra staircase outside out the house? Remind me of New York city's buildings in the movies.  
Trades stacked the bricks like a castle. 
Closer look at the brick color.  
A small pond at the back yard after raining for couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Looking awesome :D You must be so, understandably, excited!!

    ReplyDelete